About Welcome to Asia
This campaign is conducted through the cooperation of ten cities--Bangkok, Delhi, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Metro Manila, Seoul, Taipei, Tomsk and Tokyo. Its objective is to promote tourism by appealing to travelers from Western countries Oceania and other countries in Asia.
Campaign activities include creation of posters and leaflets and conducting PR campaigns in ten of the cities using these materials. A variety of initiatives are implemented including the distribution of information via this Website.
We, the representatives of tourism administration in the cities of Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Metro Manila, Taipei, Tomsk and Tokyo have gathered in Jakarta to engage in fruitful discussions on measures to further strengthen the tourism network consisting of ten member cities in Asia.
Various destabilizing factors currently exist for tourism such as the disasters, war, terrorism and infectious disease. It is, therefore, necessary for each member city to enhance its crisis management system and to comprehensively share information.
Tourism today encompasses a broad spectrum, which covers, for example, visits to places of interest, shopping, meetings, conferences, exhibitions, sports, education, technology, art and fashion, medical, agro and eco tourism. We believe that the cities, with their unique urban environments, also make attractive tourism resources that can be developed and promoted in the future.
Accordingly, in addition to the efforts being made by each city in cooperation with the others to implement such mechanisms, we intend to form a tourism network consisting of the ten cities and to attract travelers from North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and elsewhere.
At the end of the meeting, the council declares that it has reached agreement as follows on the basis of the principles outlined above.
(1) The Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia aims to achieve prosperity and development for the tourism network consisting of the ten Asian cities (Bangkok, Delhi, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Metro Manila, Seoul, Taipei, Tokyo, Tomsk).
(2) The following will be implemented for the time being as joint projects:
● Strengthening of PR on each city’s tourism charms
● Further promotion of campaign PR through the production and use of relevant items
● Sharing the best practices for establishing brand as a tourism destination
● Promotion of campaign PR through utilizing each city’s brand
● Planning of monitor tours
● Planning and operation of website
● Promotion of youth exchange
● Promotion and support of exchanges among private sectors in each member city
● Further promotion of city collaboration for developing multi-destination tours, with a name of “One Asia Pass”
● Sharing information on member cities’ best practices for recovery from natural disasters
● Promotion of cooperation by mutual PR among member cities
● Tourism promotion of display at the ANMC 21 Exhibition
● Sharing and promoting each member cities’ best practices for establishing brands as tourism destinations
(3) The Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia consists of the ten cities that have expressed their willingness to participate; the Council also strongly urges participation from other cities taking part in ANMC21.
(4) The Secretariat for the Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia will be located in Tokyo, which is the city managing the project, but meetings will be held in each member city on a rotational basis.
(5) Each city will strive to promote travel exchange between the member cities.
(6) The next meeting will be held in Hanoi in October, 2017.