We, the representatives of tourism administration in the cities of Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Seoul, Taipei and Tokyo have gathered in Tokyo to engage in fruitful discussions on measures to further strengthen the tourism network consisting of nine member cities in Asia.
Various destabilizing factors currently exist for tourism such as the disasters, war, terrorism and infectious disease. It is, therefore, necessary for each member city to enhance its crisis management system and to comprehensively share information.
Tourism today encompasses a broad spectrum, which covers, for example, visits to places of interest, shopping, meetings, conferences, exhibitions, sports, education, technology, art and fashion, medical, agro and eco tourism. We believe that the cities of ANMC21, with their unique urban environments, also make attractive tourism resources that can be developed and promoted in the future.
Accordingly, in addition to the efforts being made by each city in cooperation with the others to implement such mechanisms, we intend to form a tourism network consisting of the nine cities and to attract travelers from North America, Europe, Asia, Oceania and elsewhere.
At the end of the meeting, the council declares that it has reached agreement as follows on the basis of the principles outlined above.
1) The Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia aims to achieve prosperity and development for the tourism network consisting of the nine Asian cities (Bangkok, Delhi, Hanoi, Jakarta, Kuala Lumpur, Manila, Seoul, Taipei, and Tokyo).
2) The following will be implemented for the time being as joint projects:
• Further promotion of campaign PR through the production and use of relevant items
• Promotion of PR materials in media format, utilizing images of member cities
• Planning of monitor tours
• Planning and operation of website
• Promotion of youth exchange
• Promotion and support of exchanges among private sectors in each member city
• Promotion of city collaboration for developing multi-destination tours, with a name of “One Asia Pass”
• Sharing information on member cities’ best practices for recovery from natural disasters
• Promotion of cooperation by mutual PR among member cities
• Tourism promotion of display at the ANMC 21 Exhibition
3) The Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia consists of the nine cities that have expressed their willingness to participate; the Council also strongly urges participation from other cities taking part in ANMC21.
4) The Secretariat for the Council for Promotion of Tourism in Asia will be located in Tokyo, which is the city managing the project, but meetings will be held in each member city on a rotational basis.
5) Each city will strive to promote travel exchange between the member cities.
6) The next meeting will be held in Taipei during the course of 2015.
September 30, 2014